SCROLL DOWN TO FILL OUT THE FORM
SUBMISSIONS OPEN THROUGH FEBRUARY 28
Every year, the Town of Marana awards distinguished residents and businesses for their service in the community. Award recipients will be invited to the annual State of the Town luncheon on April 18 to accept their awards.
YOUTH LEGACY AWARD
The Marana Town Council created the Youth Legacy Award in order to acknowledge youth in the community who make Marana a better place for everyone. Recipients of this award benefit others in the community through acts supporting:
- Heart: promoting a healthy and supportive environment for youth;
- Body: Fulfilling essential needs such as food, shelter, and safety; or
- Mind: Creating educational opportunities enriching young minds.
The person submitting the nomination cannot nominate himself/herself. Past award recipients are not eligible. The submissions may be awarded in memoriam.
Marana Branding Irons are awarded to those who have made a "mark" on the community. Past recipients include former U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, former Mayor Ora Mae Harn, Wheeler & Charlene Abbett, and Sargent Aerospace & Defense.
Two Branding Irons will be awarded:
- One in the Individual category (includes an individual resident or non-resident who works in Marana).
- One in the Organization category (includes civic groups, non-profits, and private businesses)
The person submitting the nomination cannot nominate himself/herself. Past award recipients are not eligible. The submission may be awarded in memoriam.